Jump to recipe
Fall is the season for pumpkin spice everything. To celebrate, I developed this recipe for low-carb pumpkin spice cake with sugar-free cream cheese frosting. It’s so good you’ll want to put on yoga pants! (OK, maybe no yoga pants.)
Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Cake with Sugar-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
Nutrition info for plain cake, per serving (approximately): 184 calories, 9g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 4g net carbohydrates, 14g fat, 6g protein
Nutrition info for frosting, per serving (approximately): 100 calories, 1g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 1g net carbs, 10g fat, 1g protein
Nutrition info for cake with frosting, per serving(approximately): 284 calories, 10g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 5g net carbohydrates, 24g fat, 7g protein
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup Truvia
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp sugar-free coffee syrup, any flavor (recommendations: vanilla, caramel, pumpkin spice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pumpkin between 2 layers of paper towel for 20 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased 8″x8″ baking dish.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whip all ingredients until combined and fluffy.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Spread a dollop on a slice of the Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice cake.
© 2023 Copyright Randy Walker