I was reading this post about a Twitter/identi.ca client and it got me thinking about what I want in a Twitter/Identi.ca client. I want some of the things he wants, such as:
- I want to use a single client to manage all my tweeting and denting without having to login and out.
- I want to be able to tweet/dent in one place and have it show up in both by default
- … but be able to direct it to just one location if appropriate, on a tweet-by-tweet basis.
But I want the following as well:
- OS X-native app with a standard UI. Please use as few custom widgets as possible.
- Don't show in the Dock. I want a menu icon.
- Posts from both services mixed in the same list. Some people post to both, I'd like duplicate detection so that I don't see two of the same message (once from each service).
- I want replies to go only to the service the post came from (but to both services if the post was on both)