- 2 8oz packages cream cheese
- ¼ cup Truvia or other sugar substitute
- 1¼ cup heavy cream, divided
- 12 oz raspberries, divided
- 1 package sugar-free Raspberry Jell-o
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 ½ cups ice water
- 5 drops liquid sugar substitute
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
With an electric mixer, mix cream cheese, ¼ cup heavy cream, Truvia, and 6 oz raspberries, until fluffy. Set aside.
Stir 2 cups of boiling water into the Jell-o until gelatin is dissolved. Add ice water and stir.
Mix 1 ¾ cups of Jell-o into cream cheese mixture and pour into a trifle bowl. Transfer remaining 2 cups Jell-o to a measuring cup. Refrigerate cream cheese mixture and remaining Jell-o separately for 1 hour.
Slowly pour Jell-o over the back of a large spoon onto top of cream cheese mixture. Set aside a few raspberries for garnish then sprinkle the remaining raspberries into Jell-o and refrigerate for 3 more hours or until set.
Whip the cream with the liquid sweetener and vanilla. Dollop on top of the parfait and garnish with remaining raspberries.
- Substitute mashed fresh strawberries and Strawberry sugar-free Jell-o for raspberries and Raspberry sugar-free Jell-o.
- Substitute 4 oz of melted coconut oil for 4oz of cream cheese. Mix it thoroughly or when it cools, you'll get little chunks of coconut oil in every bite (although with the berry seeds, not too noticeable).
This is a refreshing side dish for your grilled steak or chicken.
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, washed and dried
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Fresno or jalapeño chile, minced
- 1 avocado, diced small
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, chile and parsley. Whisk in ½ cup extra virgin olive oil. Stir in the avocado gently—you don't want to mush up the avocado. The vinaigrette will turn creamy and thicken slightly. Set aside.
Make sure your romaine is thoroughly dry. Cut each heart in half and trim the brown end off the stem. You can also trim the tops of the leaves but I like these to get crispy. Brush the cut side of the romaine with the remaining extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill on a hot grill, 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
Serve immediately with vinaigrette spooned over lettuce. Makes 6 servings.
- 5 avocados
- 10 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3-4 scallions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
Cut avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh into a gallon-size zip-top bag and remove most of the air. Squish the avocado until it is mostly smooth—chunks are good!
In a bowl, combine the avocado, bacon, scallions, lime juice, hot sauce, and salt. Gently fold in the blue cheese. Put plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and chill for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips and/or carrot sticks.
Keto: serve with pork rinds or celery sticks.
If you enjoy cake but don't want to make a whole one, make individual servings of cake with the following recipe.
3-2-1 Cake Mix
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 box cake mix (any flavor)
Combine ingredients thoroughly. Store in an airtight container.
- 3 tablespoons 3-2-1 Cake Mix (see above)
- 2 tablespoons water
Put ingredients in a microwave-safe container such as a coffee cup. Mix to combine. Microwave mixture for one minute. Top with frosting, fruit, whipped cream, jam, or whatever you like.
It's called "3-2-1 cake" because it's 3 tablespoons of mix, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 minute in the microwave. Thanks to my Grandma for sharing this with me!
I made these delicious beauties tonight for dinner:
Roll out your crust. Top it with a couple of tablespoons of Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue Sauce. Cover it generously with mozzarella cheese (2 cups per pizza) then lay down a nice layer of thinly sliced red onion. Arrange slices of chicken breast that have been poached in chicken broth and then shake on some McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning. Bake in a 500º oven for 13-14 minutes. When it comes out, sprinkle it with chopped cilantro.